Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ninature

Updater in actionFirst and foremost, this is my 5th blog entry for my Environmental Science subject. Obviously this entry looks different compared to my previous posts. As you see, there’s no article and some links. I just realized lately, why should I comment to the articles of others if I can react or share my insights regarding my own article or work.

So now, as seen in the picture, is my latest artwork entitled Ninature. The title is in fact a combination of two words, Nina and Nature. That beautiful girl namely Nina is actually a friend of mine way back in high school. So what’s the connection of Nina and the Nature? Honestly there’s no connection at all. But for the sake of Environmental Science, I’ll connect it as accurate as possible!

My goal for this artwork is to relate or connect art and nature. As you observed in the picture, shades of green are the major color used in the artwork. Vines, Leaves and some flowers were utilized to complement to the concept of nature. The four waves were added to give an impact to the artwork. The vines (located at upper part) though it just a stroke also created an impact to the concept. The most challenging part of this artwork was the picture of Nina. The problem was, the picture of Nina was choppy. I mean the left side of her head was cut because I just grabbed it in her friendster. So the whole design must complement to her “cut head”. To resolve this problem, I used long leaves to cover the left portion of her head and added more leaves to form a bouquet of leaves. I also did some retouching to her face. I removed her eye bugs, a little toning of the skin and I added a tattoo to her face. Another problem that I encountered is the finishing touch. I’m already done with the whole design but there’s something missing with my work. It’s to dull and the elements of the artwork do not complement well with the white background. So I decided to experiment with the background color and I ended up using a gradient style of shades of green.

The interpretation of my work is simply to Go Green! As said to my previous blog by PETA, Let Vegetarian Grow in You. Though I don’t fully support vegetarianism, my aim for this artwork is “Let Nature Grow in You”. This means that let the nature start at you, at your house. Try to practice a greener life. Aside from eating green plants, practice also planting trees. By doing these, we could lessen pollution and sustain the life of the place called Earth.

For larger size copy, follow this link:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50264941/

No comments: